They say you have to do something 21 times to make it a habit. I’ve changed a lot of things in my life and have made being healthy my favourite habit, so, to properly introduce myself, here are 21 facts about me (in no particular order):
1) I love keeping fit and it really pains me that I often have trouble fitting in everything I want to do into each week. I’m currently trying to find a way to cram running, swimming, cycling, weight training, boxing, yoga and climbing into seven days and it’s just not working so I’m having to prioritise for upcoming goals!
2) I live in Brighton with my
fiancehusband and cat Dobby Scabbers. (RIP Dobby xx). Can you tell we have a thing about Harry Potter named cats?
3) I’m a Search and Social Media Marketer and Copywriter for a digital agency in Hove (actually).
5) I’m addicted to the Internet.
6) I’m scatty but organised – my life is organised into tidy(ish) piles.
7) I have 23 piercings, all in my face.
8) One of my failed stop-smoking attempts prompted me to learn crochet to keep my hands busy. I soon picked up the bacci tin again but never put down the crochet hook. I eventually quit smoking though, haven’t had a fag for four years.
9) My favourite place in the whole world is Glastonbury.
10) I love Zumba but don’t have time to go any more – Sherryn Watkin does the BEST classes in Brighton.
11) My first ever race was Seaford’s South Coast Half Marathon. I ran with Chris and his family for Cancer Research. I ran the whole way so was pretty chuffed, even though I couldn’t move the next day and had no idea what I was doing with fuelling.
|South Coast Run Half Marathon 2012|
12) My second half marathon was Brighton, in February 2013. I shaved six minutes off my time and came in at 2:21:20 which I was mega chuffed about but it was MUCH harder than I thought it’d be, mainly because again, I had no idea what I was doing with fuelling.
|Brighton Half Marathon 2013|
13) My third half marathon was Brighton again, February 2014. I absolutely smashed it, ran strong to the end, bagged a 12 minute PB, found Jesus at the finish, etc.
|Brighton Half Marathon 2014|
14) I still suck my thumb.
15) My favourite book is Junk by Melvin Burgess.
16) I’m half Greek Cypriot, but have never been to Cyprus, or Greece, and the only Greek I know is to tell you to close the door and a few profanities, both of which could come in handy if in the right situation I’m sure.
17) I cycle everywhere and LOVE a good hill.
18) I play guitar (badly). My wonderful other half bought me a beautiful Fender acoustic for Christmas, which I’m totally and utterly in love with.
19) My favourite band of all time is Oasis.
21) I like writing lists.