Whether you want to read about it or not is another matter, of course... but don't try and tell me you've never had to urgently attend to a wedgie half way through a run.
What do you do for running underwear?
Do you, like me, go for the big comfy pants that you can tuck your belly (and house) into? Do you go minimal and opt for a thong, or maybe even commando because you're sick of faffing about adjusting your pants every time they decide to disappear up your bum. For the men who are reading this, do you wear boxers under your running tights? Or pants or again, nothing?
It kinda ruins my vibe if I overtake someone all smug in a race but then let them see me reclaim my knickers from the abyss.
No one needs to learn that the hard way...
I was kindly sent a bra top and knickers set from Runderwear to put to the test (which I have, at parkrun, for intervals, yoga, the gym and er... a swim)*.
Here's my verdict:
- The knickers are nice and big (if you like that kind of thing).
- The first time I wore them I was two seconds away from my parkrun PB. Magic pants? Definitely...
- They're really comfy - the seamless design means no wedgie problems and everything's nice and snug for the run.
- The technical fabric is moisture-wicking and breathable so you finish the run nice and fresh.
- I love the fit of both the knickers and the bra, and love the blue branding.
- Both pieces feel really good quality.
- The bra top, although really comfy, is nowhere near supportive enough for me to run in, although was fine for yoga, gym (minus box jumps!), and even a swim! Runderwear do state on their website that women with a bra size of above a B cup should wear a supportive sports bra underneath the crop top. Wish I'd read this before heading out for intervals last week!
- At £16 for the knickers and £25 for the crop top, they're not cheap, but if you're the right size on top it's not too unreasonable to pay this for a sports bra.
*I didn't mean to swim in public in my underwear, by the way. I just can't for the life of me find my swimming costume, and wasn't up for missing my Monday morning swim! It was also the first time I've ever worn anything remotely like a bikini in my entire life in public, so I'm actually pretty happy with that!
Disclaimer: I was sent the bra top and knickers set from Runderwear for free to review. Wedgie confessions and accidental swim test were my own.
What underwear do you wear to run in?
And where the bloody hell is my swimming costume?!